Edenbridge Parish Church Safeguarding Policy
Promoting a Safer Church
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy we are committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others please seek advice.
Local contacts for any concerns:
Children and Young Persons/Vulnerable Adults Advocates: c/o The Vicarage
01732 862258 email@example.com
Parish Safeguarding Officer: Fiona Glidewell
If there is an immediate risk or danger please contact the Police on 999
NSPCC 0808 800 5000 Childline 0800 1111
Stop It Now 0808 1000 900 NAPAC 0808 801 0331
Samaritans 116 123 Family Lives 0808 800 2222
National Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 2000 247
Action on Elder Abuse 0808 808 8141